Small Biltmore area law firm specializing in real estate litigation in need of an experienced (3-5 years minimum) paralegal. Salary commensurate with experience and includes the usual and customary benefits.
Resumes will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballard Spahr LLP
Paralegal – Litigation (Hybrid)
Our national law firm has an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, detail-oriented Litigation Paralegal to work with lawyers in the Litigation Department to provide the highest quality of legal assistance to our clients. The selected individual will handle document management (physical and electronic), document analysis, trial preparation, cite and fact checking of documents, docket oversight for portfolio of cases, along with a variety of other paralegal level tasks. This position is located in our Phoenix office and offers a hybrid work schedule (3 days a week in the office).
The person shall possess a mastery of technical and administrative skills, assume responsibility with minimal supervision, exercise initiative and judgment to make decisions within the scope of their assigned authority, work individually and as part of a team, and practice collaboration with firm employees in all offices.
Superior communication, organizational, problem solving and client service skills. The ability to work well under pressure and be able to multi-task is required. The ability to work beyond standard work hours, travel and lift boxes is required to perform the essential functions of this position.
A bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate from an ABA approved institution and prior paralegal experience is required. A minimum of 5 years of experience in litigation is required. Must have knowledge of state and federal court rules, procedures and filing requirements and assist with the formatting and filing of electronic court submissions.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office 2016, specifically Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe and other data entry applications and programs. Knowledge of electronic discovery (Relativity) and docketing software (e-Dockets) is highly desirable.
Ballard Spahr is committed to increasing diversity in the legal profession and to supporting the communities where we live and work. People from all backgrounds are valued and integrated into every part of the firm. Diverse candidates including women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, veterans, and individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply.
The Firm is not accepting resumes from search firms for this position.
Ballard Spahr offers excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and a generous paid time off program. For immediate consideration, please visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/BallardSpahr/Careers and apply online.
Ballard Spahr is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culturally diverse environment. The firm encourages applications from a diverse pool of candidates, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, national origin, handicap or disability, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, transgender status, sex stereotyping, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.
The Brill Law Firm, PLLC
We currently have a career opportunity for a Full-Time Receptionist/General Assistant.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual who is committed to providing excellent client service. The Receptionist/General Assistant performs routine support work and clerical tasks related to case files so the legal assistants’ and Paralegal’s time can be devoted to more complex tasks related to management of case files.
Please send a cover letter and your resume to: email@example.com
Wees Law Firm LLC is a unique boutique law firm with a thriving practice in family law and insurance defense. The firm consists of two attorneys, two paralegals and a legal assistant. We have two immediate openings for two experienced paralegals to support James F. Wees, Certified Family Law attorney, and Lynn A. Pucino in insurance defense. The right candidates are paralegals with at least 3 years of either Arizona family law experience or 3 years of insurance defense experience. We need organized self-starters, with exceptional communication skills (both oral and written) and stellar attention to detail. The ideal candidates must also be team players, with positive attitudes, and a polite professional demeanor.
As of September 1, 2023, Wees Law Firm will become fully remote, with a small mid-Phoenix hub office. If needed, the right candidate will receive assistance in setting up a remote home office. We offer competitive compensation and a full benefits package.
· A minimum of 3 years Family Law or Insurance Defense experience in a Paralegal role.
· Experience with online filing for all Arizona state courts preferred though not required
· Proficient with drafting documents and case management.
· Experience with discovery requests and responses.
· Tech savvy and competent in Microsoft Office.
· Displays excellent oral and written communication.
· Exhibits exceptional client relation skills.
· Must be comfortable working in an all-paperless environment and handling electronic files.
· Familiarity with document management software and time and billing software preferred.
If you meet these requirements, please submit your resume along with salary requirements to James F. Wees at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
· 401(k) matching
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Health savings account
· Paid time off
· Professional development assistance
· Vision insurance
· 8-hour shift
· Monday to Friday
· High school or equivalent (Required)
· Family Law: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Zanes Law Injury Lawyers
Zanes Law Injury Lawyers has an opening for a Litigation Paralegal to work with both our team's Trial Attorneys and Senior Trial Attorneys. Each of our litigation attorneys has individually recovered seven-figure case resolutions either at our firm or prior to joining Zanes Law. We regularly litigate large value civil rights cases, wrongful death cases, and catastrophic injury cases. The successful candidate will be able to help during all phases of the litigation process including conducting interviews, legal research, and document filing.
• Conduct pre-claim investigation, legal research, and initial case assessments
• Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
• Perform administrative duties (calendar hearings and deadlines, organize case files, manage logistics etc.)
• Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
• Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, and appendices
• Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
• Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
• Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties
• Help with voir dire, jury selection, and witnesses' preparation
• Provide assistance with case settlements
Requirements and skills
• Proven working experience as a Litigation Paralegal for a Personal Injury Firm
• Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices etc.
• Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
• Extensive computer and database expertise
• Paralegal associate degree or other relevant certification
What does a Litigation Specialist do?
A Litigation Specialist helps attorneys prepare for successful trials by providing assistance in case gathering, review and analysis of information gathered, preparation of documents needed at trial (such as briefs) and writing opinions. A litigation assistant ensures all legal bases are covered so there will not be surprises later when it comes to the time for court proceedings or negotiations.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Litigation Specialist?
Litigation specialists are an integral part of any litigation team. They work closely with attorneys, filing documents in court and organizing briefs for trial preparation as well as preparing exhibits such as depositions from reports compiled by reporting services or other stakeholders involved during the discovery period through post-trial proceedings, including appeals if necessary.
What makes a good Litigation Specialist?
A Litigation Specialist has great problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication abilities, and excellent social interaction abilities. Attention to detail is also important in all phases of preparation.
Here is a link and additional information about the firm if you wish to apply: